如何處理那些聽不懂的小詞小句託福聽力技巧
a rain check 改天吧
—— Can you come over for dinner tonight? (今天晚上來吃飯好嗎?)
—— I’m up to my ears in work, so I’ll have to take a raincheck。(我工作很忙,改天吧。)
2. lost count 弄不清楚
—— Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are alwaysdriving there. How many trips a week do you makeanyway?(自從你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是開車去看她。一週去幾次啊?)
——I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyesclosed。(搞不清楚了,但我閉着眼也能摸過去。)
3. be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍
—— Pete’s really out of it these days。(Pete 這幾天有點心不在焉。)
—— Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he’s been in anotherworld。(我同意。自從他遇見Ann, 他就魂不守舍了。)
4. make yourself at home 隨意,隨便
—— Do you mind if I take off my jacket?(你介意我脱下夾克嗎?)
—— Of course not, make yourself at home。(當然不介意,隨意一點!)
5. save your breath 省口氣吧;別白費口舌了
—— Hey? John! John!(嘿,John! John!)
—— Save your breath. He"s out of earshot。(省口氣吧。他已經聽不到了。)
6. make sense 有意義,理解
—— The plot of that movie is hard to follow。(那部電影的情節很難跟得上。)
—— It makes more sense the second time。(再看一遍就理解了。)
7. cost sb. an arm and a leg 非常昂貴
——Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave toLinda?(你看到Bill送給Linda的`鑽戒了嗎?)
——I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and aleg。(當然了。那一定很昂貴。)
a hole in one’s pocket 很快地被花光
——Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computeryet? (你攢足錢給你的電腦買一台新打印機了嗎?)
——You know money seems to be burning a hole in my pocket lately e next month. (這幾個月我花錢如流水。也許下個月吧。)
one’s shoes 很好地頂替;令人滿意地替代
——Have you heard that Professor Jones is retiring?(你聽説Jones教授要退休了嗎?)
——Yes. The faculty won’t find anyone to fill her shoes。(是的。學校將很難找到合適的人來代替她。)
ice cold 表示理所當然
——Does Prof. Ford always come to class? (Ford教授總是來上課嗎?)
——Is ice cold? (當然了。)
apples and oranges 用來表示無法相比的事物
——Which game do you think is more difficult to learn, chess orbridge? (你認為橋牌和象棋哪個更難學?)
——They are like apples and oranges. (它倆沒法比較。)
for a needle in a hay stack 大海撈針
——We are supposed to meet John here at the train station。(我們要在火車站接John。)
——That’s like looking for a needle in a hay stack . (那可真是大海撈針。)
one’s train of 忘記
——When you interrupted me, you made me lose my train of thought。(你打斷了我的思考,我忘記我在想什麼了。)
each other half way 相互妥協,讓步
——My chemistry project is in trouble because my partner and I hadtotally different ideas about how to proceed。(我的化學課題出問題了。在進展問題上,我與我的合作者意見完全不同。)
——You should try to meet each other half way. (你們應該相互妥協。)
the dot 準時;正點
——Did you and Amanda really meet exactly five minutes to two infront of the theatre? (你和Amanda確實在差5分兩點的時候到達劇院門口了嗎?)
——Yes, we were both there on the dot. (是的,我倆都準點到達。)
and for all 最後一次;乾脆
——I am going to tell that neighbor of mine to turn down that musiconce and for all。(我要最後一次告訴我那個鄰居把音樂聲關小。)
——I see why you are angry. But I’ve always found that the politeroute is the most effective. (我明白你為什麼惱火。但我總覺得禮貌的方式是最有效的。)
of earshot 不在聽力所及範圍
——Hey? John! John! (嗨! John! John! )
——Save your breath. He’s out of earshot. (省口氣吧,他聽不見。)
of this world 非常好
——Have you tried Susan’s apple pie? (你試過Susan的蘋果派嗎?)
——I got the last piece. And it was out of this world。(我拿到最後一塊。好吃極了。)
by ear 隨機應變,視情形而定
——Marty, are you doing anything special for your presentation inpolitical science tomorrow? (Marty,你在為明天的政治學演講準備與眾不同的材料嗎?)
——Not really, because the class so often turns into a discussion,I’ve decided to play it by ear. (不。那門課常常最後變成討論。我決定視情形而定。)
20. ring a bell 令人想起某件事;聽起來耳熟
-
國小教師代表開學典禮講話稿(通用13篇)
在快速變化和不斷變革的今天,我們用到講話稿的地方越來越多,講話稿通過講話人口頭表達後,可以起到傳播真理、經驗,抒發感情,發表意見的作用。你寫講話稿時總是無從下筆?以下是小編為大家整理的國小教師代表開學典禮講話稿,歡迎大家分享。國小教師代表開學典禮講話稿1...
-
教師職業體驗社會實踐報告(通用8篇)
難忘的社會實踐結束了,你收穫了什麼?此時此刻我們需要做一個實踐報告。你想知道實踐報告怎麼寫嗎?下面是小編整理的教師職業體驗社會實踐報告,歡迎閲讀,希望大家能夠喜歡。教師職業體驗社會實踐報告篇1作為一名大學生,最終是要走出校園,走入社會的。參加社會實踐活動...
-
社會實踐心得彙總(12篇)
有了一些收穫以後,心得體會是很好的記錄方式,這樣能夠培養人思考的習慣。那麼心得體會到底應該怎麼寫呢?以下是小編為大家收集的社會實踐心得,歡迎閲讀與收藏。社會實踐心得篇1大學生社會實踐是引導我們學生走出校門,走向社會,接觸社會,瞭解社會,投身社會的良好形式。...
-
國中生讀後感
當細細地品讀完一本名著後,相信你一定有很多值得分享的收穫,此時需要認真思考讀後感如何寫了哦。那麼你會寫讀後感嗎?下面是小編整理的國中生讀後感,歡迎閲讀與收藏。國中生讀後感1讀書,能讓人學到許多知識,讓人明白一些人生哲理。我讀過一篇文章,叫《釣魚的啟示》,這...